Export option examples. Saving an image with a palette.

I am trying to export a 2D graphic (made with a bunch of insets) to a BMP file, but it needs to use a specific palette.
Obvioulsy I could rasterize and then take the element and make them indices and then save the final reult using export, but is there a built-in way to specify the palette on export?
I find the documentation confusing because it mixes information about Import and Export. It is a bummer that there are so few examples.

Thanks,
Luc