Re: What is $MaxNumber on a 64 bit Computer?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg80874] Re: What is $MaxNumber on a 64 bit Computer?
- From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 06:38:15 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Ted Ersek wrote: > On my 32 bit PC $MaxNumber = 1.440397193981*^323228010 > I wanted to know if any version has a larger $MaxNumber, and I suppose > if any computer does it would be a 64 bit machine. > > Thanks, > > Ted Ersek > > Here is the number that I get from 64-bit Linux: 2.09311732226991365866275244680916044236`15.954589770191005*^646456781 David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk