  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg80916] How to obtain numberical value from an InverseFunction?
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 02:58:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hello;

Are inverse function in Mathematica only have symbolic form and can't be
used to evaluate numerically?

Anything I am trying is not working, this is a very simple example:

f[x_] := x
InverseFunction[f][x]

Now, how to evaluate anything out of the above? say for x=0.5, I expected to
get .5, but all I get is just

any ideas? Very little help on InverseFunctions.

Nasser