Re: Grid

John wrote:
> I want to create a 9x9 grid that has specified positive integers,
> fewer than 81, entered in specified cells. I used SparseArray to enter
> the specified numbers in the specified cells, but it put a 0 in every
> unspecified cell.How do I convert the zeros to blanks?

If you are trying to format formulae (and not enter valid Mathematica
expressions), try using CTRL-<Enter> and CTRL-, and replace some of the
boxes with spaces.

If you wish to generate the formula programmatically with SparseArray[],
then do something like

sm = SparseArray[{i_, i_} -> i, {10, 10}];

Normal[sm] /. 0 -> "" // MatrixForm

(Note the space between /. and 0)

Szabolcs