Is automatic EquationNumbered tags not working in ver. 6?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81243] Is automatic EquationNumbered tags not working in ver. 6?
  • From: chuck009 <dmilioto at comcast.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 03:36:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,

I set up an EquationNumbered cell and it gets assigned a number.  Then I choose Cell/Add cell tag for that cell and label it equation1.  Then further down in my text I select Insert/Automatic Numering and choose equation1.  However, I get XXX instead of the number.  Am I doing something wrong?

Couldn't find anything in the forum but perhaps I didn't look deep enough.

Thanks,
Chuck