Re: Can an arrow be drawn on a 3D plot?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81329] Re: Can an arrow be drawn on a 3D plot?
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 05:33:42 -0400 (EDT)

DrawGraphics has Arrow3D and ArrowCurve3D commands. The following code puts
two arrowcones on the green contour line.

Needs["DrawGraphics6`DrawingMaster`"]

f[z_] := z;
Draw3DItems[
 {Opacity[0.7, Red],
  ParametricDraw3D[{Re[z], Im[z], Im[f[z]]} /. z -> r*Exp[I*t], {r, 0,
     5}, {t, -Pi, Pi}],
  pts = ParametricDraw3D[{Re[z], Im[z], Im[f[z]]} /.
      z -> 2*Exp[I*t], {t, -Pi, Pi}] // Extract3DLinePoints;
  ArrowCurve3D[
   pts, {0.5, 1.0}, {0.05,
    PlotStyle -> {Opacity[1, Darker@Green]}}, {AbsoluteThickness[2],
    Darker@Green}]
  },
 Axes -> True,
 ImageSize -> {500, 500}]

DrawGraphics is sold for $50. It, of course, has many other features than
Arrow3D. You can read more about it at my web site. DrawGraphics has now
been updated to Version 6. Present purchasers can freely update and have
received email notices to this effect. Some have changed their email
addresses and did  not receive the notice. If such persons see the notice
here they may contact me.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net