Re: SWF runs to fast

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81317] Re: SWF runs to fast
  • From: "Jean-Marc Gulliet" <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 05:25:18 -0400 (EDT)

[Cross posted on MathGroup]

Peter van Summeren  wrote:

> Hello Jean-Marc,
> thanks.
> But!
> I have an manipulator variable {n,1,60}. There are 60 different curves to
> see.
> So, it is not the same as a Sin[n x] where the curve is always Sin.
>  If I put "FrameRate"->1, it jumps. It does not go from n=1,2,3...60.
> Instead  it takes only 2 of these n's. That is not what I want.

Peter,

My understanding is that the option *FrameRate* interprets its value
(15 by default) as /frames per second/. So if you set it to one, that
would say that you want only one image/frame per second. In your case
you want to see 60 different curves, like a slide show    if I have
correctly understood. Therefore, I guess it would be appropriate to
ask for only one or two frames per second (in doing so you reduce
enormously the size of the SWF file) but you must extend the duration
of the clip to, say, two minutes, i.e. "AnimationDuration"->120

> Any idea? Because I do not see anywhere to get control of the number of
> frames it should use (60)

The number of frames per second has nothing to do with the number of
"images" (or slides or pictures) you want ot include in your
presentation. The number of frames per second control the smoothness
of the movie (24 frames per second for a movie picture and 25 frame
per second for "images" broadcast on TV, if my memory is still working
properly).

> Also: I can use my mouse to click on "+" in the original, but I can not do
> that in the SWF file.

The option "FlashPlayback" allows to control the setting (and display)
of interactive playback controls in the SWF file.

--
Jean-Marc