Integrate: Assumptions in double integral

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg81438] Integrate: Assumptions in double integral
  • From: Gernot Pfanner <pfannerg at>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 04:35:52 -0400 (EDT)

Suppose that I have an integral (integration over damped wave in two

Why does it not matter, whether I include assumptions
(Assumptions->{a>0,b>0,wa>0,wb>0}) or not, i.e. in both cases, I get the
same result (an conditional in dependence of real and imaginary part of
the variables). In other words, it does not seem as if Mathematica 6
recognizes the conditions for a,b,wa,wb. On the other hand, if I compute
the integral in a nested scheme

I get a Lorentzian function. Why is this so?
In this spirit
With thanks for your efforts
Yours Gernot