Re: Version 6 won't import Excel (Mac)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg81617] Re: Version 6 won't import Excel (Mac)
- From: "Solomon, Joshua" <J.A.Solomon at city.ac.uk>
- Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 02:32:11 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
works for me. not sure why it doesn't work for your friend. j On 28/9/07 07:14, in article fdi64p$qh3$1 at smc.vnet.net, "Murray Eisenberg" <murray at math.umass.edu> wrote: > A colleague who uses a Mac with MacOS 10.4.10 has the following > Mathematica 6 problem: He cannot get Import to work with either an .xls > file or a .csv file created from an Excel spreadsheet. > > Instead, the resulting Output cell just contains a button that says > "Import" followed by the arguments used to call Import in square > brackets. Clicking the button just opens the Documentation Center > window to the page for "ref/Import" which describes how to use the function. > > Has anyone else experienced this on Macs? Does Mathematica 6 possibly > use Java, and could there be some configuration problem involving that?