Re: Options[] does not list every option

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81633] Re: Options[] does not list every option
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 03:55:48 -0400 (EDT)

zac wrote:
> Dear Group,
>
> I'm completely clueless about why Options and AbsoluteOptions do not
> list PlotJoined and PlotStyle options in case of passed graphics.
> Evaluate code:
>
> graph = ListPlot[Range[0, 10], PlotStyle -> Hue[1], PlotJoined ->
> True];
> Options[graph]
> AbsoluteOptions[graph]
>
> I want to access eg. the styles *after* I have the plot. Is it
> possible?
> Thank you in advance.

Hi Istvan,

PlotJoined and PlotStyle are options for ListPlot[], not Graphics[].

You cannot get the values of these options if you only have the end
result, but not the original command that generated the graphics.  (But
you can take a look at the structure of the graphics object, and see if
it is made of points or lines (PlotJoined), what kind of directives are
present (PlotStyle), etc.)

--
Szabolcs