Re: [Mathematica 6] Editing 3D graphics? (Editing tool for 2D only)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81649] Re: [Mathematica 6] Editing 3D graphics? (Editing tool for 2D only)
  • From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 04:05:08 -0400 (EDT)

Nasser Abbasi wrote:
> I really like the 2D graphics editing tool. It allows me to add annotation
> to plots when it is too hard to code these directly.
>
> I had a need now to the same but on a 3D plot. It seems the tool only works
> on 2D (it says on it 2D :)
>
> So, I was wondering if one know of a way to edit (add annotation) to a 3D
> plot?

You can add the graphics objects manually (as expressions).
Alternatively you could convert the 3D plot to a 2D plot and add 2D
annotations.

In Mathematica 5.2 it used to be possible to convert a 3D graphics to 2D
by wrapping the Graphics3D object in Graphics, but this does not seem to
work any more in Mathematica 6  ...  However, you can still use Inset[] to put
images of 3D objects in 2D graphics.
See tutorial/InsettingObjectsInGraphics in the Help Browser.

--
Szabolcs