Re: Any Mathematica 6 book yet?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg81642] Re: Any Mathematica 6 book yet?
  • From: Will Robertson <wspr81 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 04:01:33 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Nasser,

Graphical control of plotting and debugging are things that one adapts
to, in my opinion. I'd prefer to fit into the Mathematica ways of
doing such things rather than foist another system's paradigms onto
it. (Regarding plotting, I'd rather have my plots come out the right
size whenever I run the code to generate the figure.)

But I do think that the gaps in the mathematics *are* serious
impediments to certain types of users. Of course, WRI is free to not
target those people if they like. And the programmers behind
Mathematica are obviously spending their time very well and very
wisely, so it's hard to know where they'd get the resources to add
functionality in engineering fields.

It's just a pity for those of us who are engineers and who also like
Mathematica :)

Cheers,
Will