Re: Something very simple.....
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg87177] Re: Something very simple.....
- From: Steve Gray <stevebg at roadrunner.com>
- Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 05:15:37 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Thanks to the many people who responded to my questions in "Something very simple...." Here I report back what I think are the easiest suggestions. 1. Apply[Sphere, sphlst, 1] 2. Complement[lsta,lsta[[lstb]]] These answers can hardly be improved for compactness, simplicity, and transparency. I admittedly avoid processes that include a lot of terse symbology such as &, #, @, /. etc., on the grounds that I'm an irregular user of Mathematica and sometimes have to look up their function. Their appearance gives no clue about what they do. But the named functions are usually intuitive and their use is clear. Steve Gray