Re: Mathematica to Tex

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87234] Re: Mathematica to Tex
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 04:21:32 -0500 (EST)

Ramiro wrote:

> I am trying to export to Tex.  My idea is to paste parts of notebooks
> on my mediawiki, which can accept Tex.  I am sure there is a good way
> to do this.
>
> Let's say I write the following as a "Text cell" in Mathematica:
>
> P(A) = 1-e^-\[Lambda]t
> P(A)+P(B)
>
> Can I do TeXForm on a text cell?  What would be the best way to export
> just that?  If I save the file as .Tex I get:
>
> \(P(A) = 1-e^{-\text{$\lambda $t}}\\
> P(A)+P(B)\)
>
> but what I want is something along the lines of
>
> P(A) = 1-e^{-\lambda t}
> P(A)+P(B)
>
> There might be an easier solution.  Any suggestions?

Note that you should use valid Mathematica syntax (as if you were going
to evaluate the expressions, say, given in Input syntax) and if you want
to use Text Cell, the formulae should be entered as *inline cell*.

In[1]:= TeXForm[P[A] == 1 - E^(-\[Lambda] t)]

Out[1]//TeXForm=
P(A)=1-e^{-t \lambda }

In[2]:= TeXForm[P[A] + P[B]]

Out[2]//TeXForm=