question on player pro

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg87350] question on player pro
  • From: "Nasser Abbasi" <nma at>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 05:38:15 -0400 (EDT)

I have a simple question on the new Mathematica player pro.

If person X, who has Mathematica, makes a Mathematica notebook (.nb file),
what are then the steps needed so that person Y can run the same notebook if
Y do not have Mathematica?

Does Y need to buy player pro to run X's notebook?

Or is it that only X needs to buy player pro, and use it to 'convert' or
'compile' the notebook to a new file (what is the extension?) which I assume
will contain the Mathematica kernel in it, and send that file to person Y.
But then how will Y run it if they do not have player pro nor Mathematica?
use the free player?

What about any licensing issue in sending playerpro files to someone else to