Re: reaction diffusion equation !

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg87337] Re: [mg87186] reaction diffusion equation !
  • From: "Nabeel Butt" <nabeel.butt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 05:35:48 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Khaled,
     Your problem is a non-linear variant of the classic fisher
equations.There are local  fixed-point schemes that can guarantee
convergence but global solutions cannot be guaranteed to exist.
(i) I have used Mathematica to work out the steady state solution and in
that case you just eliminate the derivative in t and it becomes a standard
laplace equation.
(ii) I highly doubt that this kind of problem would have travelling wave
solution because in Poincare phase plane only one critical point exists.
    In such scenarios you would need to use a "finite-difference" scheme
that achieves stable results.Since,Mathematica does have "finite-difference"
notebooks available check those out over the web.
    Best of luck!
            Nabeel

--
"We have not succeeded in answering all our problems.The answers we have
found only serve to raise a whole set of new questions.In some ways we feel

Nabeel Butt
UWO,London
Ontario, Canada