Re: Path, Get, etc.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg87442] Re: Path, Get, etc.
- From: Szabolcs Horvát <szhorvat at gmail.com>
- Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 02:16:48 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Bergen
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Steve Gray wrote: > I'm trying to read in "ConvexHull.m" with the line > > << "ConvexHull3D`"; but it always says > > Get::noopen: Cannot open ConvexHull3D`. >> > > Checking $Path, it includes paths to several folders which definitely > have a copy of ConvexHull.m, including > > "C:\\Documents and Settings\\All Users\\Application Data\\Mathematica\ > \\Autoload", > If you want to load ConvexHull.m, use << ConvexHull` and not << ConvexHull3D` > and there's a copy in the same folder as the file that calls it. The location of the notebook has no significance. The working directory (returned by Directory) is what matters. To set the working directory to the notebook's directory, use SetDirectory[NotebookDirectory] > I don't understand why the file isn't found. I'd appreciate any tips. > Thank you.