Re: Re: Any One have an idea?

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg87821] Re: [mg87786] Re: Any One have an idea?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 02:38:12 -0400 (EDT)

It's nicer to replace that ShowGraph expression by the following
expression, which shows the tour evolving in time:

    AnimateGraph[g, path, HighlightedEdgeColors -> Red]

(By the way, Mathematica will seem to complain about the option
HighlightedEdgeColors -> Red there by highlighting it in red, as if it
were a syntax error.  But of course it's not.  Evidently it's a
SyntaxInformation oversight.)

Dana DeLouis wrote:
>> Does anyone have any idea how to do or come up with the "knight's tour"
> problem.
> (* Ver 6.01  *)
> Needs["Combinatorica`"]
> g = KnightsTourGraph[8, 8];
> path = Partition[HamiltonianCycle[g], 2, 1];
> ShowGraph[Highlight[g, {path}, HighlightedEdgeColors -> Red]]

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305