Re: Coordinate readout from Graphics3D?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88205] Re: Coordinate readout from Graphics3D?
  • From: "ahallam at iastate.edu" <ahallam at iastate.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 04:39:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Apr 26, 2:44 am, Steve Gray <stev... at roadrunner.com> wrote:
> I thought I saw somewhere that one could read out coordinates from a
> Graphics plot, according to the mouse position. I can't find it now,
> and I don't see how it would work with Graphics3D. But anything would
> help. Thanks for any info.
>
> Steve Gray

So I have a simpler question.

I know I can see the options that are set for a particular 3D object
typing Options[     ] around the object.  This is particularly useful
when I have rotated the object with the mouse.

But when I  right click on the object and then use the object
inspector (ctrl-shift-o) and then choose Formatting, Expression
Formatting, Graphics3D Box Options, a change viewpoint (which  has
lots of decimal places) is not completely visible..  Typing Options
when can use the mouse seems clunky, but not if you cannot view the
entire set of options.

Any ideas?