Re: fractional derivative of 1/(log x)?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg91335] Re: fractional derivative of 1/(log x)?
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 05:54:00 -0400 (EDT)

Michael O'H wrote:

> Hello, I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with the fractional
> derivative (order t) of 1/(log x), where t can range from -2 and -0.5.

Since you have already posted a similar question on this newsgroup few
days ago [1] and also you are asking the same ambiguous question on
MathForum [2], it is hard to tell what kind of help you are seeking?
(Note that comp.soft-sys.math.mathematica is a newsgroup dedicated to
the computer algebra system (CAS) Mathematica.) So are you seeking help
about

. Mathematica

. the concepts involved in fractional calculus

. some specificities of the function 1/log(x)

Also,

. What about the previous replies you got?

. Have you investigated them?

. Did you try anything by yourself?

. ...

At any rate, it would be useful to restate your query in a more precise
way, to show your work and/or attempts, describe any difficulties faced,
give relevant background information, ...

Regards,
- Jean-Marc

[1] "Re: fractional derivative (order t) of (Log[x])^n and Log[Log[x]]"
http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2008/Aug/msg00332.html

[2] _The Math Forum @ Drexel_
http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?threadID=1786274&tstart=0