insert parenthesis problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94343] insert parenthesis problem
  • From: "alexxx.magni at gmail.com" <alexxx.magni at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 05:11:35 -0500 (EST)

It's such a stupid problem...
I have an italian keyboard (under Linux) and always used Alt+[] to get [].
With version 7, as soon as I press Alt, I get a space, then pressing
the other key I get my parenthesis: Instead of Sin[x] I have Sin [x ].
The result is not received well by Mathematica and I have to manually
erase all the additional spaces.
Somebody knows if it is possible to deactivate this annoying new
feature of the Alt key?

thanks!

alessandro