Re: VectorStyle for centered vector tail?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94300] Re: VectorStyle for centered vector tail?
  • From: Stoney Ballard <stoneyb at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 04:44:51 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 9, 7:00 am, ucer... at gmail.com wrote:
> You can do:
>
> ListVectorPlot[Table[{y, -x}, {x, -3, 3, 0.5}, {y, -3, 3, 0.5}],
>  VectorStyle -> "RightDot", VectorScale -> {Automatic, 0.3}]
>
> This will create constant sizes for the disk for  all the vectors.
>
> A more general way of specifying the alignment will be included in
> future releases.
>
> -Ulises
> WRI

Since you seem to be the documentation on this, I have one more (I
hope) question. I'm actually using a non-square aspect ratio in my
plot, so that I can overlay it on a rectangular image. I'm using
something like this:

data = Table[{x, y}, {y, 10}, {x, 20}];
ListVectorPlot[data, AspectRatio -> 1/2, VectorPoints -> {20, 10},
 VectorStyle -> "RightDot", VectorScale -> {Automatic, 0.3}]

but this draws dots that are really squished. There doesn't seem to be
any natural way to draw non-square vector plots.

Is it possible to make the dots circular, so that they don't also
follow the aspect ratio?

Any ideas?

Thanks!