Definition of new distribution

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg94639] Definition of new distribution
  • From: janos <janostothmeister at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 07:22:47 -0500 (EST)

I wonder if I can define a new cotinuous or discrete distribution,
to make it possible to use it in the same way as the built-in ones.
I can define e.g. CDFGeneralizedExtremeValueDistribution,
or PDFGeneralizedExtremeValueDistribution,
but not the distribution itself.
FullForm of a known distribution does not help either.
Should I use it in an earlier version of Mathematica,
where the distributions came form a package,
therefore you could see the structure of the definition?

Could you give me some better advice please?

Thank you,

J=E1nos