Re: How edit a saved palette?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85256] Re: [mg85234] How edit a saved palette?
  • From: "Yuri Kandrashkin" <spinalgebra at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 03:15:57 -0500 (EST)

2008/2/2, Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>:
> I have a palette somebody else wrote, which I want to edit.  So I have
> no "source code" notebook for it.  I want to edit it, preferably in an
> environment that understands Mathematica syntax.
>
> Obviously, just opening it in Mathematica won't do: it appears as a palette.
>
> I certainly don't want to edit it in some text editor, for that messes
> up the cache and knows nothing about Mathematica syntax.
>
> And I don't see how to edit it in Wolfram Workbench: If I try to Import
> it, no matter whether I specify Initialization cells or Input cells, I
> seem to get nothing -- just a message about the nb file from which
> (nothing!??) was imported.
>
> Recommendations?

Hi,

Try the following steps:

1. Open palette

2. Evaluate the command
Notebooks[]
to find the index of notebook object

3. Let's 1 is its number. Then run

Options@Notebooks[][[1]]

to get palette options
and

NotebookPut[Take[NotebookGet@Notebooks[][[1]], 1]]

to remove its options and get the rest as regular notebook.

4. Use shortcut Ctrl-E to read, copy and edit cells containing buttons
or some other special features

--
Sincerely,
Yuri Kandrashkin, PhD