How edit a saved palette?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85234] How edit a saved palette?
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 23:35:03 -0500 (EST)

I have a palette somebody else wrote, which I want to edit.  So I have
no "source code" notebook for it.  I want to edit it, preferably in an
environment that understands Mathematica syntax.

Obviously, just opening it in Mathematica won't do: it appears as a palette.

I certainly don't want to edit it in some text editor, for that messes
up the cache and knows nothing about Mathematica syntax.

And I don't see how to edit it in Wolfram Workbench: If I try to Import
it, no matter whether I specify Initialization cells or Input cells, I
seem to get nothing -- just a message about the nb file from which
(nothing!??) was imported.

Recommendations?

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.