Cause and Effect Diagramming in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85356] Cause and Effect Diagramming in Mathematica
  • From: robert prince-wright <robertprincewright at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 04:45:29 -0500 (EST)

I am wondering whether Mathematica 6 provides an environment for creating diagrams in which the arrows, nodes and boxes represent data, influences and functional transformations.

  What I'm envisaging is a series of palettes that allow me to add elements to a diagram while at the same time writing the functional relationships to a notebook for later evaluation.

  Does this sound realistic? Can some of you point me to the expressions I should look at to do the following:

  - create a palette that adds a line and a box to a graphic
  - select these two and move them
  - write the associated functions to a notebook

  Robert

Robert Prince-Wright
Houston
TX, 77006