Re: Mathematica 6.0.0 no graphics output on Windows XP

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85383] Re: [mg85311] Mathematica 6.0.0 no graphics output on Windows XP
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 22:33:01 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 19:44:42 -0500 (EST), Adam Weyhaupt wrote:
> A colleague of mine has a fresh installation of Mathematica 6.0.0 on
> a Windows XP machine.  The kernel seems to be running fine (2+2=4),
> but graphics commands generate no output (only the line " -Graphics-
> " (no quotes) is printed to the output).  If you switch to Version 5
> graphics the graphics work fine (but of course are not rotatable,
> etc.) I looked in the archive but saw nothing relevant.
>
> I realize that 6.0.1 is available, but it will be a few days until he
> can get it installed and we are curious if you have any thoughts on
> this issue.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Adam

Bring up the Preferences dialog (under the Edit menu) and make sure that, in the
Evaluation tab, the format type of new output cells is set to StandardForm.

This is the default setting, but it could have been changed accidentally, and
possibly in a previous version of Mathematica (this option used to be on the
menus where it was easier to hit it by accident).

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group