Sphere through 4 points

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85401] Sphere through 4 points
  • From: Steve Gray <stevebg at roadrunner.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 04:15:21 -0500 (EST)

	Given 4 points in 3-space not lying in a plane, I want the
center and radius of the incident sphere. I know about the elegant
determinant solution (4 or 5 determinants, each 4x4, plus a few
arithmetic operations) and I'm using that, but maybe someone has coded
a faster version.
	Thanks for any information.

Steve Gray