Partial Derivatives in 3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85406] Partial Derivatives in 3D
  • From: travelmail26 at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 04:17:58 -0500 (EST)

Can anyone tell me how to place 2d plots inside of 3d plots. I am
trying to graph partial derivatives in a 3d, but can't figure out how.

Ideally, I'd like to place a conditional distribution (a 2d density),
inside of its bivariate distribution. This could be done if I knew how
to do 2d slices inside of regionplot3D

Any ideas?