Re: Creating notebook templates

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85473] Re: Creating notebook templates
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 06:18:06 -0500 (EST)

There are indeed many ways to do this.  A WorkLife FrameWork has some
automatic built-in ways to handle this.  This is one of the ways:

http://scientificarts.com/worklife/documentation/formtemplatespalette.html

Of course you could just create the notebook in question and then open
it, copy its content, and paste it into a new;y created notebook.

Alternatively you could build a custom palette with buttons that
themselves contain the material as a notebook expression and what
execute NotebookPut on it when clicked on...

Many many ways to do this, and in Version 6's new functions such as
CreateDocument,. TextCell, and so on, it is quite efficient to do this
sort of things from scratch without needing very low-level mathematica
programming.

Also see the article "Every document is an expression: The reach of
Mathematica 6" by yours truly in

http://www.ijournals.net/content/view/55/55/

contact me directly for a notebook version...

I hope that this helps...

--David
A WorkLife FrameWork
E x t e n d i n g MATHEMATICA's Reach...