Behavior of Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85619] Behavior of Manipulate
  • From: Steve Gray <stevebg at roadrunner.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 06:51:25 -0500 (EST)

My Manipulate loop is pretty slow, on the order of a second. Output is
some tables of numbers and a fairly simple Graphics3D. Speed is
tolerable and isn't the problem.

Manipulate basically works in my app but the behavior is irregular:
Sometimes when I change one of the 6 control sliders, nothing happens.
Sometimes when I change one I get new table values in a separate
window with a pink background. Sometimes I get new table values in the
window Manipulate is in. Sometimes I have to change one of the sliders
by a lot to get any action.

The Help info is considerable but I see nothing that bears on this.
Any tips will be appreciated.

Steve Gray