Sterographic display

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85689] Sterographic display
  • From: Steve Gray <stevebg at roadrunner.com>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:00:39 -0500 (EST)

	With the right size, spacing, and viewpoints, Graphics3D could
make very useful and dramatic stereo displays. The journal Science
often has printed stereo pair images of molecules, but I don't know
how they're made. Viewing them involves no mirrors, filters, or other
equipment but you have to learn how to adjust your eyes. It's not hard
for most people.
	Naturally the two views of one object would be side-by-side,
which is no problem, but ideally they could be rotated in unison.
Stereo animations would also be possible, but I don't really need
that.
	I have a research application where this would be extremely
helpful. Has anyone done this, and can the two viewpoints be adjusted
together? I will appreciate any information.

Steve Gray