Inset headache

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg85746] Inset headache
  • From: Yves Klett <yves.klett at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 07:07:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi everyone,

consider:

g1=Graphics3D[Cylinder[{{0, 0, 0}, {10, 0, 0}}, 1]]
g2=Graphics[Inset[g1]]

I would like to have g2 the same aspect ratio and image size as g1, so
that the resulting graphics look just the same (but as an Inset). Inset
somehow mangles the aspect ratio and sometimes cuts off parts of g1,
depending on the additional values for {pos,opos&size}.

Can anyone give me a hint on how to achieve an equally-looking g2 using
Inset?

Regards,
Yves