Re: Plotting points of the function at increments.

Hi,

ListPlot[Table[Tooltip[{x, 0.5 x + 5}, x], {x, -5, 5, 1}]]

or more something like this

Graphics[{Directive[Hue[Random[]]],
     Style[Text["\[Times]", #], FontSize -> 78*Random[]]} & /@
   Table[{x, 0.5 x + 5}, {x, -5, 5, 1}], Frame -> True,
  AspectRatio -> 1/GoldenRatio]

Regards
   Jens