Re: Printing, WYSIWYG, and Window Magnification?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg90245] Re: Printing, WYSIWYG, and Window Magnification?
- From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
- Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2008 06:11:50 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: HPR <read at math.uvm.edu>
AES wrote: > The core question here is how I can have what appears on my screen > (using 6.0 on a Mac) be a WYSIWYG display of what I'll get if I Print a > notebook (so far as linebreaks, figure widths, and most everything else > is concerned), while retaining a 125% or 150% magnification in the > window. > > I need the 125% to 150% Window Magnification setting in the normal > Screen Environment -> Working mode to work comfortably on my display > and with my eyeballs. But if I Print what I see there, what I get on > the paper has very different line breaks and so on. What's printed does > seem to match what I see using Screen Environment -> Printout mode -- > except I can't really "see" that mode, because Window Magnification no > longer seems to work. One thing you can try is File, Printing Settings, Show Page Breaks. I really wish Mathematica had a Print Preview, though. -- Helen Read University of Vermont