Dynamic GUI problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89357] Dynamic GUI problems
  • From: zac <replicatorzed at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2008 02:57:14 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Group,

building a GUI is highly non-intuitive for me, although I almost felt
I understand the behaviour of dynamic interactivity.

I. Problem - Master swich does not control semi-independent sub-
switches
This is the classic "set all/none switch" situation, with allowing the
sub-switches to be set by the user individually. Switching the
checkbox works, but hitting the buttons won't update checkboxes.

master = False;
def = {False, True};

{Button["All", master = All], Button["None", master = None]}
{Dynamic[master], Dynamic[sub1], Dynamic[sub2]}
{sub1, sub2} =
  Table[DynamicModule[{i = i},
    Switch[master, All, True, None, False, _, def[[i]]]], {i, 2}];
{Checkbox[Dynamic[sub1]], Checkbox[Dynamic[sub2]]}

II. Problem - Checkbox in label of TabView does not work

TabView[{
  Checkbox[Dynamic[x]] -> Dynamic[x],
  }]

Any ideas how to solve them?