Re: Persistent addition to recently opened? Was Re: Notebooks location

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89579] Re: Persistent addition to recently opened? Was Re: Notebooks location
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 06:12:09 -0400 (EDT)

In article <g2qhd2$8ju$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "W_Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hello John and Mathgroup,
> This reminds me of something I tried to do about a week ago and failed.
>
> I'm creating a directory of Gems and Solid-Advice short notebooks as a
> memory aid.  I tried to hack MenuSetup.tr to add this directory as a
> persistent member of the "Open Menu" (e.g., Open Favorites...). My
> initial efforts failed and I gave up; this thread seems to be related.

There definitely was a hack in 5 that let you add a persistent link or
pointer to a "notes" file  into the "Open Recent" menu, so that this
link dropped to the bottom of the menu but never aged out -- because I
asked how to do this on this newsgroup several years ago, and some
someone supplied it.

My saved file was called "MMA Notes" and I just discovered that the link
is still there in the "Open Recent" menu in my copy of 6, though it
doesn't link to the actual notes file any more.

How to find where this link is located or reactivate it on my Mac is
beyond my pay grade.