Re: Persistent addition to recently opened? Was Re: Notebooks location

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89590] Re: Persistent addition to recently opened? Was Re: Notebooks location
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:28:29 -0400 (EDT)

AES schrieb:
> In article <g2qhd2$8ju$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
>  "W_Craig Carter" <ccarter at mit.edu> wrote:
>
>> Hello John and Mathgroup,
>> This reminds me of something I tried to do about a week ago and failed.
>>
>> I'm creating a directory of Gems and Solid-Advice short notebooks as a
>> memory aid.  I tried to hack MenuSetup.tr to add this directory as a
>> persistent member of the "Open Menu" (e.g., Open Favorites...). My
>> initial efforts failed and I gave up; this thread seems to be related.
>>

> There definitely was a hack in 5 that let you add a persistent link or
> pointer to a "notes" file  into the "Open Recent" menu, so that this
> link dropped to the bottom of the menu but never aged out -- because I
> asked how to do this on this newsgroup several years ago, and some
> someone supplied it.
>
> My saved file was called "MMA Notes" and I just discovered that the link
> is still there in the "Open Recent" menu in my copy of 6, though it
> doesn't link to the actual notes file any more.
>
> How to find where this link is located or reactivate it on my Mac is
> beyond my pay grade.

If you want a persistent file in the recent files menu, open the
FrontEnd/init.m file with an editor while Mathematica is not running
and look for your file in NotebooksMenu->{...}. Normal items end
with "True, False, True". Change it to "True, False, False"

Gruss Peter
--
Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de