Re: Manipulate: Positioning of controls within panel

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89591] Re: Manipulate: Positioning of controls within panel
  • From: Januk <ggroup at sarj.ca>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:28:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

Make use of the fact that you can supply objects in the variable
specification sequence:

Manipulate[{a1, a2},
 Dynamic[
  Row[{
    Labeled[Checkbox[Dynamic[a1]], {"a1", a1}, {Top, Bottom}],
    Labeled[Checkbox[Dynamic[a2]], {"a2", a2}, {Top, Bottom}]
    }]
  ]
 ]

For more information, see:
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/tutorial/AdvancedManipulateFunction=
ality.html#217020641

The key paragraph to note is:
"There is in fact virtually no limit to what can be put into the
controls area, including arbitrary formatting constructs and dynamic
objects, even controls that are not part of the Manipulate's control
specifications. Anything placed in the variables sequence that is
either a string or has head Dynamic, Style, or ExpressionCell will
automatically be interpreted as an annotation to be inserted in the
controls area."

Hope that helps!