Re: How to make an InputField inside of a graphic active...

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg89592] Re: How to make an InputField inside of a graphic active...
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 05:28:51 -0400 (EDT)

David,

It does appear that InputField will not operate inside an Inset, whereas
Checkbox and Slider, at least, will work.

However, putting the dynamic input within the graphics might be slightly
iffy, especially if it can alter the graphics in a way to overlay the
control elements. Why not keep the control elements outside of the graphical
field. Something like the following:

DynamicModule[
 {\[Omega] = 1},
 Column[{
   Item[Style["Graphic with Dynamic InputField", 16, "Panel",
     Background -> None],
    Alignment -> Center],
   Item[Row[{"Inter \[Omega]:  ",
      InputField[Dynamic[\[Omega]], ImageSize -> 100]}],
    Alignment -> Left],
   Dynamic@Plot[Sin[\[Omega] t], {t, 0, 2 \[Pi]},
     ImageSize -> 300]
   }]