Vary PlotStyle in ListPlot ?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90005] Vary PlotStyle in ListPlot ?
  • From: "Coleman, Mark" <Mark.Coleman at LibertyMutual.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 04:42:29 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings,

I'm producing ListPlots with a  large number (>100000) pairs of points.
Is there a way to vary the PlotStyle in a single ListPlot command, so
that sets of points in a certain region are a different color or Opacity
than points outside the region? This is simple using Show and individual
ListPlots, but I'm wondering if it can be done within a single ListPlot
command.

Thanks,

Mark