Vary PlotStyle in ListPlot ?

Greetings,

I'm producing ListPlots with a  large number (>100000) pairs of points.
Is there a way to vary the PlotStyle in a single ListPlot command, so
that sets of points in a certain region are a different color or Opacity
than points outside the region? This is simple using Show and individual
ListPlots, but I'm wondering if it can be done within a single ListPlot
command.

Thanks,

Mark