Re: font size too small

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg90028] Re: font size too small
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 04:46:53 -0400 (EDT)

There is a drop down menu on the bottom right frame of all notebooks that
let's you set the magnification for that notebook.

If you wish to have have generally greater magnification you can set this in
the Option Inspector. Use Ctrl-Shift-O to bring up the Option Inspector. In
the top box set it for Global Preferences. Then go to Notebook Options,
Display Options. Set Magnification to what you want. You can use the drop
down menu from the button on the right, or you can type in a specific value.
This will then apply to all notebooks, including notebooks in the
Documentation Center.

Speaking of 'font size too small', this is one of my chief complaints about
the WRI web site. The font there is not only too small but it is also
nonadjustable. In Internet Explorer, at least, the the Text Size option does
not work on the WRI site, and although the Zoom function does work, the WRI
web pages are not adapatable to Zoom and there are many resulting overlays
of printing. This is especially evident in the MathWorld pages. This is
really unfortunate because there is great content there. However, I find
myself going to the Wikipedeia math articles simply because I can more
easily read them. The Wikipedeia web-page design is far superior to the
design used on the WRI site.

--
David Park
djmpark at comcast.net