Re: Re: Should I uninstall the old version before upgrading?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86492] Re: [mg86481] Re: Should I uninstall the old version before upgrading?
- From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
- Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:26:29 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <24728359.1205302095850.JavaMail.root@m08>
- Reply-to: drmajorbob at longhorns.com
If you're using Mac, don't upgrade at all for a while, at least until something AFTER 6.0.2. Init files don't load, among other things!!!! Bobby On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:13:35 -0500, Nazdrovje <nazdrovje at gmail.com> wrote: > On Mar 11, 10:00 am, =EA=CD=EA=CD <huihui.... at gmail.com> wrote= : >> I want to upgrade Mathematica from v6.0 to v6.0.1. Can I just install >> the new version directly without uninstalling the old version? Should >> I uninstall the old version manually before upgrading? >> >> Thanks very much! > > I had problems going from 6.0.1. to 6.0.2 that were only solved by > uninstalling 6.0.1 first and then manually removing all remnents of > the 6.0 folder... > > -- DrMajorBob at longhorns.com