Re: Update 6.0.2

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg86623] Re: Update 6.0.2
  • From: David Bailey <dave at Remove_Thisdbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 03:11:09 -0500 (EST)

Richard Palmer wrote:
> The roll out of 6.0.1 is not being handled very well -- even for
> premier customers.   As of the end of last week, there is no
> discussion of the new release at the premier section of the website
> and there has been no communication to premier service customers about
> what is going on.
>
> WR is acting like a company with severe internal problems.  I don't
> know whether they are getting them from growth or if something else is
> going on.  They appear to be very unprepared on the customer service
> and tech support side for the 6.x release.  It's very sad.
>
> Bottom line -- it's a great product, but it isn't ready for large
> scale development work.

What an absurd over reaction (as well as your muddle over the version
number). I presume the new release gets mentioned on the site after
everyone has been informed. I would far rather download approximately
400 MB of code at a time when the server is not overloaded - even if
that means that I  wait a day or two more.

I can't see what relevance a short delay like that has to do with
Mathematica's suitability for development work!

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk