Re: Re: Re: Should I uninstall the old version before upgrading?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86616] Re: [mg86492] Re: [mg86481] Re: Should I uninstall the old version before upgrading?
- From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 03:09:49 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <24728359.1205302095850.JavaMail.root@m08> <1668655.1205328804855.JavaMail.root@m08>
- Reply-to: drmajorbob at longhorns.com
I was forgetting to put a directory between Autoload and the Init file.
Documentation isn't clear on this, and definitely neither Kernel nor
FrontEnd requires it, but to use Autoload the file has to be
and not just
Similarly with $UserBaseDirectory.
On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:26:29 -0500, DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
> If you're using Mac, don't upgrade at all for a while, at least until
> something AFTER 6.0.2.
> Init files don't load, among other things!!!!
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:13:35 -0500, Nazdrovje <nazdrovje at gmail.com>
>> On Mar 11, 10:00 am, =EA=CD=EA=CD <huihui.... at gmail.com> wrote > :
>>> I want to upgrade Mathematica from v6.0 to v6.0.1. Can I just install
>>> the new version directly without uninstalling the old version? Should
>>> I uninstall the old version manually before upgrading?
>>> Thanks very much!
>> I had problems going from 6.0.1. to 6.0.2 that were only solved by
>> uninstalling 6.0.1 first and then manually removing all remnents of
>> the 6.0 folder...
DrMajorBob at longhorns.com
Prev by Date:
Re: NDSolve problem
Next by Date:
Mathematica 6.02 Frontend problems under openSuSE 10.3
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Should I uninstall the old version before upgrading?
Next by thread:
How to extract data from an analytical summation equation?