Re: Re: Re: Should I uninstall the old version before upgrading?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg86616] Re: [mg86492] Re: [mg86481] Re: Should I uninstall the old version before upgrading?
- From: DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 03:09:49 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <24728359.1205302095850.JavaMail.root@m08> <1668655.1205328804855.JavaMail.root@m08>
- Reply-to: drmajorbob at longhorns.com
Never mind... I was forgetting to put a directory between Autoload and the Init file. Documentation isn't clear on this, and definitely neither Kernel nor FrontEnd requires it, but to use Autoload the file has to be $BaseDirectory/Autoload/extraneousDirectoryForNoDiscernibleReason/Init.m and not just $BaseDirectory/Autoload/Init.m Similarly with $UserBaseDirectory. Bobby On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 05:26:29 -0500, DrMajorBob <drmajorbob at bigfoot.com> wrote: > If you're using Mac, don't upgrade at all for a while, at least until > something AFTER 6.0.2. > > Init files don't load, among other things!!!! > > Bobby > > On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:13:35 -0500, Nazdrovje <nazdrovje at gmail.com> > wrote: > >> On Mar 11, 10:00 am, =EA=CD=EA=CD <huihui.... at gmail.com> wrote > : >>> I want to upgrade Mathematica from v6.0 to v6.0.1. Can I just install >>> the new version directly without uninstalling the old version? Should >>> I uninstall the old version manually before upgrading? >>> >>> Thanks very much! >> >> I had problems going from 6.0.1. to 6.0.2 that were only solved by >> uninstalling 6.0.1 first and then manually removing all remnents of >> the 6.0 folder... >> >> > > > -- DrMajorBob at longhorns.com