RE: Matrix of big dimensions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg88552] RE: [mg88512] Matrix of big dimensions
- From: "Jose Luis Gomez" <jose.luis.gomez at itesm.mx>
- Date: Thu, 8 May 2008 04:13:52 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <200805071107.HAA14999@smc.vnet.net>
If you are using Mathematica version 6 and your matrix has many zeros, you
should check the commands SparseArray and Band in order to work efficiently
(save computer memory and time).
There are good examples of the use of SparseArray and Band in the
Documentation Center of Mathematica version 6.
In previous Mathematica version SparseArray does exist, but Band does Not
Hope it helps
De: GGuerreiro [mailto:grg at fct.unl.pt]
Enviado el: Mi=E9rcoles, 07 de Mayo de 2008 06:07 a.m.
Para: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Asunto: [mg88512] Matrix of big dimensions
Anyone here already tried to implement calculus on mathematica using a
500*500 dimension matrix?
Do you know if it works?
Prev by Date:
TreePlots and GraphPlots
Next by Date:
A bug in Show?
Previous by thread:
Matrix of big dimensions
Next by thread:
Re: Matrix of big dimensions