solid sections

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg88963] solid sections
  • From: "eric1990 at gmail.com" <eric1990 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 02:38:16 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have a base region comprised of 2 parabolic functions. I also have a
semi-ellipse as the typical dx slice, and the length of the semi-
ellipse(long side) is the length of the base region (i.e. top function
minus bottom function). The ratio for the length of the semi-ellipse
and it's height have already been established.

My question is: Is there any way in Mathematica that I can plot the
base region, and then have it plot on the same view, a 3D
representation of the slices on top of the base region. It will
basically be an integral in the dx direction with predetermined delta
Xes (i.e. the thickness of each slice).

If someone knows the syntax/code for this, I will be most grateful.