Re: Constructing a Label

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93501] Re: Constructing a Label
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 06:45:50 -0500 (EST)

In article <gfbuni$3vv$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Jose Luis Gomez" <jose.luis.gomez at itesm.mx> wrote:

> Hello AES
>
> Is this the option you are looking for?
> ShowStringCharacters->False
> This is the documentation for that option:
> http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/ref/ShowStringCharacters.html

Thank you, yes.

[And after re-reading the documentation on this, I can't help thinking
that the default for this in Export ought to be False, not True.  Isn't
Export more like an "output" operation than an "input" operation?
And, if you Export something you see in an Output cell without the
string characters present, wouldn't you normally expect the result of
that Export to be what you're seeing on screen?]