Re: Creating a Banner for presentation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93642] Re: Creating a Banner for presentation
  • From: "news.individual.net" <noemail at noemail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 05:40:58 -0500 (EST)

David who is so good at FE programming will probably come out with a
detailed answer, but in case, this does the job:
SetOptions[EvaluationNotebook[],
 DockedCells -> Cell[BoxData[ToBoxes[rose]], TextAlignment -> Center]]

The answer lies in what Cell accepts as content (see documentation). There
might be a simpler way using the GraphicsData["type",data] as cell content,
but a 3min search in the documentation gave no info about what "type" should
be for the rose image...  Guessing and using Graphics["Raster",rose]  gives
a grey box... But the  BoxData[ToBoxes[...]] way does the job.

Guy Lamouche

news:gfubvf$eh3$1 at smc.vnet.net...