Re: Coloring Histograms

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg93710] Re: Coloring Histograms
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 06:14:26 -0500 (EST)

> I'm using the Histogram package, calling it by: Needs["Histograms`"]
> Each histogram keeps coming out in pale blue. I'd like to be able to change
> the color of an individual histogram to something else.
> This way when I combine two histograms on the same graph using "Show" they
> will come out in different colors.
> To plot a single histogram I use the syntax:
>       Histogram[completeness, FrequencyData -> True]
> I haven't found a plot option that will acomplish this. Any ideas would be
> appreciated.

Histogram[RandomInteger[{1, 5}, {100}], BarStyle -> Red]

if you wonder how you can find something like that in cases like
Histogram, where the documentation is almost nonexistent: look at

and then try the possible candidates. Once I found BarStyle, I found
that this option is documented, but not mentioned in the documentation
of Histogram...