Re: Coloring Histograms

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg93710] Re: Coloring Histograms
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 06:14:26 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> I'm using the Histogram package, calling it by: Needs["Histograms`"]
>
> Each histogram keeps coming out in pale blue. I'd like to be able to change
> the color of an individual histogram to something else.
>
> This way when I combine two histograms on the same graph using "Show" they
> will come out in different colors.
>
> To plot a single histogram I use the syntax:
>       Histogram[completeness, FrequencyData -> True]
>
> I haven't found a plot option that will acomplish this. Any ideas would be
> appreciated.

Histogram[RandomInteger[{1, 5}, {100}], BarStyle -> Red]

if you wonder how you can find something like that in cases like
Histogram, where the documentation is almost nonexistent: look at

Options[Histogram]

and then try the possible candidates. Once I found BarStyle, I found
that this option is documented, but not mentioned in the documentation
of Histogram...

hth,

albert